Administrative Assistant - Finance
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – FINANCE
Location : Toronto, ON
Division : Finance Contract Terms :
Full Time, (Hybrid),
35 hours per week,
Seasonal Rate of Pay: $15.50/hour
The Toronto Caribbean Carnival is one of the largest festivals in North America welcoming approximately 1.6 million visitors to the Downtown Core of Toronto and the greater Toronto area. Since 1967, Toronto Carnival has been celebrating the people and the culture of the Caribbean with a dynamic festival including the spectacular Grand Parade. Now celebrating 56 years of tradition and pageantry, the festival has evolved into a global tourist attraction and the Festival Management Committee, the producing organization of the festival is also growing to meet the rapidly changing times.
Working in conjunction with the Front Gate ticketing system, this position assists with back office, and financial operational services while on-site at our festival events in collaboration with multiple departments and clients. This role includes components as well as a requirement for a very strong technical understanding of our process, products, and equipment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
· Manage and reconcile data from various equipment and services at festival locations.
· Conduct and reconcile financial transactions and reports for events
· Provide best practices, training and support of client event and box office needs where required.
· Support Box Office staff where required.
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting on live event statistics and access control.
· Maintain inventory and upkeep of technology assets.
· Other Administrative tasks as required.
· Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify the root cause of issues.
· Work with Central support groups to expedite problem resolution.
· Work with Customer Service for events with problems and/or special circumstances.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
· Studying Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
· 2+ years of festival, ticketing or other related experience is an asset.
· 2+ years of IT network experience is an asset.
· Must be able to show flexibility in schedule and location to accommodate festivals (work multiple days in a row beyond a standard work week, or shift lengths beyond a standard workday).
· Local travel required.
· Bilingualism (written and oral); English and French is a strong asset.
· Experience with MS Applications and Wix software and hardware is preferred.
· Strong computer skills, especially MS Word and Excel.
· Demonstrated organizational and critical thinking skills, paired with keen attention to detail.
· Able to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
· Autonomous and able to work under minimal supervision.
· Reliable, adaptable and team-oriented.
· Must be able to meet the physical and technical demands of remote festival locations with little to no infrastructure.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds unassisted, and able to push and pull rolling carts and cases weighing up to 100 pounds unassisted.
· A passion for live events!
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
· Business Acumen – You understand and can apply general business concepts, using external networks to understand market situations and industry.
· Problem-Solving and Innovation – Gathering appropriate perspectives and insights and seeking win-win solutions by remaining open to alternative approaches and being proactive in generating new ideas. Ability to maintain a balanced perspective and see all sides of an issue and manage problems in a timely and effective manner. A free and independent thinker, open to new ideas and concepts.
· Organizational Skills – Manages competing priorities of several teams/departments/locations. Tasks and project management orientation (with the ability to hold others accountable).
· Winning Teamwork – Collaborating with others in a respectful manner and openly sharing information amongst the team to assist in achieving goals and objectives. Taking the time to empathize and understand where others are coming from, along with showing recognition and appreciation for the contribution of others.
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. It's the talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Please indicate the job title in your subject line and kindly submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank you in advance for your application and only select candidates will be contacted.