July 5th, 2023 (Toronto, ON) - Toronto Caribbean Carnival will be the honoured guests at a community church service on Sunday, July 9th, 2023 beginning at 10:00 am at the Church of Nativity located at 10 Sewells Rd in the Malvern Community, Lunch Reception to follow.
“As a positive way to launch the Carnival festivities, we are delighted to continue this annual tradition of blessing the festival season,” exclaimed Mischka Crichton, Festival Management Committee CEO. “Toronto is fortunate to have such a vibrant Caribbean community, and we believe it is important to come together and celebrate our shared culture.”
The Toronto Caribbean Carnival will officially launch on Tuesday, July 11th at Nathan Phillips Square. The Carnival theme this year is Diversity and Culture Live Here! This showcase of freedom and pageantry is a testament to the open arms of the organizers who invite everyone to play mas, watch the events, or support the event. Likewise, the church service welcomes all who wish to join the pre-launch service and celebration.
The service will include a Sunday worship by Father Amirold Lazard with an Opening Message from Jennifer Hirlehey, Chair of - the Festival Management Committee, and a Reading by Mischka Crichton.
For more information on events, tickets and media accreditation, please visit torontocarnival.ca To access video and photos of Toronto Caribbean Carnival, please join our media group here Media Contact: Fennella@torontocarnival.ca
Toronto Caribbean Carnival Schedule of Events:
● Official Launch, Nathan Phillips Square, July 11th, Noon - 1:30 pm and 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
● Junior King and Queen Showcase, Sunday, July 16th at Scarborough Town Centre
● Junior Carnival Parade, Saturday, July 22nd at Malvern Community Centre
● OCPA Calypso Showcase, Sunday, July 30th at Latvian Culture Centre
● King and Queen Showcase, Thursday, August 3rd at Lamport Stadium
● Pan Alive Panorama, Friday, August 4th at Lamport Stadium
● The Grand Parade, Saturday, August 5th along Lakeshore Blvd.
● Pan in de Park, Sunday, August 6th at Malvern Recreation Centre/Malvern Park
● TCC International Food Festival, Sunday, August 6th at Malvern Park
This event has been financially assisted by the Ontario Cultural Attractions Fund, a program of the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, administered by the Ontario Cultural Attractions Fund Corporation.